Introducing New Jersey Jets Elite Youth Hockey at Aspen Ice Arena
A unique youth hockey concept based on maximizing player ice time, exposure to elite competition with a AAA schedule and offering the most practice ice in the region. Jets teams have the unique opportunity to practice three times per week and only play competitive games (estimated total ice time is 200+ hours). Teams will play a thoughtfully crafted schedule consisting of showcases and competitive games that will maximize opportunities for player development and minimize redundant, lop-sided games and associated travel. Teams will play a minimum of 45 games throughout the season and experience rigorous skills and conditioning training on bye weekends (in addition to the three weeknight practices per week).
Included in Tuition
- Entry fee to six showcases (dates and locations TBD on a team by team basis)
- 28 week season 8/17/20 – 2/28/21 (off week of 8/24 and two weeks over winter break)
- 3x week practice and minimum 45 games (~30 at showcases + 15 non-league games)
- Minimum 10 ice sessions in Spring / Summer
- 1x per week goalie instruction in-season
- Player equipment and apparel package (jerseys/socks, shell, warm-ups, t-shirt, hoody, knit hat)
Other Key Details
- Additional costs include USA Hockey registration, travel, equipment bag (optional), additional showcases above the six included (optional and TBD on a team-by-team basis)
- Video sessions at Aspen Ice
- Estimated 135+ hours of total practice ice and 200+ hours including games and showcases
— Approximately 25% more practice ice than competing organizations
- The NJ Jets are owned and operated by Black Bear Sports Group, owner of the Aspen Ice Arena
- Black Bear Sports Group owns and operates 14 ice rinks and three Junior “A” hockey clubs competing in the USHL, NAHL and EHL (elite players aged 16-20)
- The USHL and NAHL are the top junior hockey leagues in the United States and advance more players to Division-I NCAA hockey than any other leagues in North America
- Black Bear Sports Group is committed to advancing players through its youth hockey ladder of development to juniors, college and beyond
Why Choose Jets?
- More ice! Dedicated 3x week practice ice; Spring/Summer sessions included
- Lower cost! Jets are priced 10-15% lower than competing programs playing AAA schedules AND Jets players get ~25% more ice time
- What’s the catch? There is none! The Jets are owned and operated by the largest youth hockey and rink operator on the East Coast and don’t have the expensive overhead many clubs in the area incur. Your tuition fees were calculated to exactly cover all your player’s direct costs for ice, coaching, equipment and other team expenses.
- 2020-21 Tuition **Payment plans available**
- PeeWee ’08 and ’09 teams: $5,500 (includes equipment package; no hidden fees)
- Bantam ’06 and ’07 teams: $5,600 (includes equipment package; no hidden fees)
- Payment plans: 25% non-refundable deposit due on signing, and 25% due July 1, Sep 1, and Nov 1
If you are interested in playing for the Jets Elite and are in peewee (09 or 08) or bantam (06 or 07) age divisions please fill out the player interest form below!